Friday 4 June 2010

Another Lovely Day

Went out to buy two plant pots. Discovered I have been putting things in pots when they should go in the soil. Or at least I think they should. Have got this lovely purple plant climbing up the drainpipe. Painted two benches, one blue, one lavender. As a writer, I really should be telling you about my novels, so I will. My most recently publishered paperback was called Nothing Lasts Forever and told the tale of four women who move into the same house and become good friends. It took place in eight months in 2006. My last hardback was Martha's Journey which is set during the First World War. Martha's son, Joe, who is only fourteen, signs up to fight during the First World War. It was a terrible scandal at the time and Martha sets out for Downing Street in an attempt to stop it happening. This novel will be published in paperback at Christmas. Au Revoir Liverpool I only finished a few months ago and was with my publisher for a while. It was returned last week with suggestions for some minor alterations which I am working on at the moment. This novel's heroine, Jessica, finds herself stranded in France during the Second World War. The book I am writing at the present time, which I have had to put to one side for the moment, is called After The War is Over. It begins in 1946 and my three heroines, Iris, Maggie and Nell have just been demobbed. They have left the Army camp where they have spent a number of years full of adventure and incident. Life outside the Army is deadly dull and they are wondering how they will cope. I have only written three chapters and am longing to continue with the story. I am now going downstairs to watch television. Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment